Up to 96% AFUE Performance, Multi-Position Installation.
The Goodman brand GMSS96 High-Efficiency Gas Furnace with single-stage gas valve and a multi-speed circulating blower provides efficient and economical performance. A single-stage gas furnace proides more consistent airflow through constant rotation.
Energy efficiency is key to controlling the cost ofheating your home. The 96% AFUE rating on this gas furnace means that 96 cents of every $1.00 of heating energy expense warms your home. Some older central heating systems are rated at 60% AFUE. The Department of Energy (DOE) established the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) system to calculate the annual operating cost of residential gas furnaces.
- Heavy-duty aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Single-stage gas valve
- Durable Silicon Nitride Igniter
- Quet single-speed induced draft blower
- Self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to an LED
- Low-voltage terminals with provisions for air cleaner and humidifier
- Cabinet air leakage (QLeak) = <2%
- All models comply with California 40 ng/J Low NOx emissions standards
Outstanding Warranty Protection
This furnace is covered by what we believe to be one of the best warranties in the indoor home comfort industry. In addition to covering the heat exchanger with a Lifetime Limited Warranty to the original, registered homeowner, if the heat exchanger fails during the first 10 years of ownership, we will replace the entire unit for as long as you own your home. This furnace also has a 10-Year Limited Parts Warranty on all functional parts. For a full description of all warranties applicable to this product, please review the consumer brochure or product warranty by clicking on the links above.
This gas furnace has an AFUE rating of up to 96%, which means that up to 96 cents of every $1.00 of heating energy expense warms your home.
Before purchasing this appliance, read important information about its estimated annual energy consumption, yearly operating cost, or energy efficiency rating that is available from your retailer.